Free UserFree User is a selection of materials to help you understand some of the foundation principles and ideas behind our work. We encourage your personal interest/viewing of these, in support of your own coaching awareness and skills. We request that you do not use these for any professional or group purposes, e.g. as part of work that you would make any charge for. If you require any further clarification or support, simply get in touch.
Pro Coach – Reach your next levelThis area contains materials that will help you become a more effective coach for others. Materials include*:
- What are the key distinctions of coaching? Understanding a less directive/enquiry-based style of conversation
- An effective coach: Appreciating the beliefs and values of coaching
- The core skills of coaching, including:
- i. Building rapport and relationship
- ii.Different levels of listening
- iii. Asking effective questions
- iv. A flexible style of influence
- v. Giving effective feedback
- Common barriers to effective coaching (and how to avoid them)
- How to structure a coaching conversation (using The Coaching Path)
- Being successful as a coach/building an effective coaching practice
- Making money as a coach, deciding what to charge, proposing charges etc.
- Working as a coach: How to structure an assignment
- How to be successful as a coach
- Videos, e.g. for demonstrations, and instruction
- PDF downloads, e.g. reflection notes, questionnaires etc.
- Audio segments, e.g. podcasts/interviews
Pro Tutor – Help others to learn coaching skillsThis area contains materials which will help you to run programs of coach learning and development for others. This area is suited to anyone who wants to deliver high quality, effective training events using methods and materials proven to work. The Pro Tutor area contains comprehensive trainer packs which enable delivery of the following:
- A half-day session: Introduction to Coaching
- A one-day session: Core coaching skills
- A half day follow-up: Review and practice
- A two-day session: